FIELD TRIP RESERVATION OPTIONS:
- Tuesdays - Fridays
- Aug – May (Please call for reservations outside of these months)
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- $6 per student
- Minimum of 12 children are needed to receive the group rate
Discover how the Children's Discovery Museum of the Golden Crescent can become a part of your curriculum and classroom! Take a trip to our museum for action-packed, hands-on discovery in science and technology, history and culture, health and human development, math, literacy, and the arts through interactive exhibits and innovative galleries.
Learning at the Museum is developed with TEKS and national standards in mind, which means kids will discover the joy of life-learning just by exploring all the Museum has to offer! Working alongside our Discovery Guides is equally beneficial for children AND teachers. Kids can delve deeper into the theme of an exhibit, while teachers observe techniques for inquiry-based learning.
HERE'S WHY THE CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY MUSEUM IS THE BEST PLACE TO TAKE YOUR STUDENTS FOR AN OUT OF THE CLASSROOM FIELD TRIP EXPERIENCE:
- Your students will apply their knowledge and skills as they explore over 35 hands-on exhibit activities during four, 25-minute segments.
- The Museum’s trained PlayWorkers will assist your class experience, transitioning your group during the rotation schedule and focusing students’ attention on concepts that are appropriate for their grade level.
- Experiential learning at the Children's Discovery Museum covers a variety of domains including physical and life science, financial literacy, civic engagement, cultural awareness, engineering, geometry, pre-algebra, data collection/analysis, and measurement.
- Your students will have unique learning opportunities that exercise higher-order thinking skills: running businesses, inventing solutions to challenges, crafting new chemicals, exploring other countries, solving mysteries and utilizing the power of wind to do work.
- Teachers, museum educators, and other learning experts have co-developed the Museum’s exhibits and related curriculum through rigorous formative testing that ensures the intended learning outcomes for our school and family audiences.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT FIELD TRIPS @ CDM
- Reservations can be made through our online system, just click here.
- Time Allotment: A staff/docent facilitator will help move your group through the museum at designated times. Your group will get to experience four different gallery spaces and will spend approximately 25 minutes in each area during your two-hour trip.
- Chaperone Policy: One chaperone for every 10 students is admitted free. Teachers are included in this chaperone ratio.
- Students, additional adults, and siblings over 23 months of age are admitted at a reduced rate of $6 each. Adults who bring additional dependents will not be considered as one of the chaperones keeping the group in the 1 to 10 ratio.
- Outside food is not permitted in the Museum. However, you may reserve floor space for your group to eat for a small additional charge of $0.50/student.
- Upon arrival, your group will be welcomed for a brief introduction to the museum and a review of important museum rules.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
Full payment is requested one week prior to your visit, however, we understand that attendance numbers can vary and we will gladly work with you to ensure that you are only charged for students who attend the trip. Refunds will be made only in the event of Museum equipment failures, such as power failures or malfunctions in equipment.
If your group would like to bring lunch to the museum, you are welcome to reserve floor space either before or after your trip to eat as a group. You may make this selection during checkout when reserving online.